Stick To Your Ribs One-Pot Chili (Stove Top or Slow Cooker)
1 hour 15 minutes stove top; 4-6 hours slow cooker
About 8 servings
- 3 fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 TBSP ghee/grass fed butter/lard from pastured pigs
- 1/2 jar organic tomato paste (10-14 oz)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp paprika*
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder or to taste*
- 1-2 TBSP cumin*
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1-2 chopped onion
- 1 red and green pepper diced (optional)
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 – 4 peeled and diced turnips or rutabagas
- 2 lbs 100% grass fed ground beef or mix of ground beef and ground pastured pork
- 2 large shredded carrots
- About 2 quarts of homemade stock or water
*I often like to double these spices but try it first with these amounts and then double the spices if you’d like!*
Stove Top Directions:
- Sauté the meat with onions and garlic in a large pot until mostly done, remove and put into a separate bowl.
- Sauté the peppers (if using) until soft in the beef grease + added ghee/grass fed butter/lard.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients into the pot and fill 2/3 of the way with homemade stock or water.
- Cover and cook on medium/low heat for 45 min to 1 hour until turnip cubes are soft. Stir frequently.
- If it is too thin leave lid off and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Sauté the meat with onions, garlic and spices in a large skillet/pan until mostly done.
- Add the contents from the skillet/pan into the slow cooker and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours or high for 4 hours. It’s done when the veggies can be cut easily (for example, the turnip cubes are soft).