Mini’s Zucchini Tortillas
Zucchini is an amazing vegetable to transform and incorporate in many recipes as you may have seen with the Chocolate Zucchini Loaf/Muffins Recipe. This recipe will totally revamp your standard tacos, by replacing flour and/or corn tortillas, with Zucchini Tortillas
(Recipe adapted from https://draxe.com/recipe/zucchini-tortillas/)
- 3 cups shredded zucchini - (it takes about 4 zucchinis to make 3 cups)
- 1 cup + 3 TBSP tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 TSP of each: Garlic powder, Salt, Pepper, Thyme
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Shred the zucchini with a handheld grater or in food processor.
- Squeeze the water out of the shredded zucchini with a kitchen towel and place in a medium sized bowl. Discard all the zucchini juice OR save it for something else! (For example, I saved my excess for when I need some liquid when re-heating leftovers.)
- Add in the tapioca flour, coconut flour, eggs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Mix until well combined.
- Line a 9 x 11 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the tortilla mixture onto the parchment paper to fit approximately 6 per sheet. They should look like pancakes.
- Place in oven, and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Top tortillas with your favorite taco ingredients or use as bread for BLT sandwich. Enjoy!