Coconut Flour Crepes
- 4TBSP (¼ cup) coconut flour
- 8 egg whites (This is about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Coconut oil or ghee
- Mix all the ingredients together (I found it helpful to use a food processor). Let the mixture sit for a few minutes if it seems it’s too thin – the coconut flour will start to thicken the mixture a bit.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium low heat (I use level “3” on my electric stove) and melt some coconut oil or ghee.
- Pour your batter on the pan (use about 1/4 cup batter per wrap) and smooth the mixture with the back of a spoon until it’s smoothed thinly across the pan.
- Wait until the edges are browned before you flip the tortilla. If you aren’t patient, the tortilla will breakon you! I like using a stainless steel spatula since it’s very thin.
- Once you flip, continue to cook until done – this should only be about a minute. That will make 1 tortilla. I usually keep them warm in the toaster oven while I am making the rest!
- Make smaller for “pancakes”
- Add different herbs or spices