Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 1 can organic, whole, unsweetened coconut milk (I recommend NativeForrest or Thai Kitchen
- Filtered water
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- In a saucepan over medium heat,pour in the coconut milk.
- Use the same can to pour in equal amount of filtered water.
- Add the raw cacao powder, honey and vanilla extract.
- Whisk briskly to mix and turn up the heat.
- When it's all mixed together and it's hot, it's done!
For an optional adult-twist, you could add a splash or two of a dry red wine (I like to add Cabernet Sauvignon) to make chocolate wine. Indeed, it sounds strange but it is pleasantly tasty!