Chocolate Zucchini Bread/Muffins
This recipe is courtesy of my sister Maria, a wonderful REAL food baker!
This Chocolate Zucchini Loaf is an amazing way to satisfy that sweet tooth, but also keep to your well-balanced food lifestyle. Zucchini is a great baking ingredient because it adds moisture to your recipes and it’s a vegetable to boot! This loaf is totally guilt-free, but so yummy, leaving you question how there possibly could be vegetables in there! So, here it is!
Recipe adapted from HERE.
¼ cup raw cacao powder + 1 cup almond butter + 3 TBSP maple syrup/honey (this mimics nutella but this is a real food version)!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup/honey
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (Optional). If you don't use chocolate chips, I recommend adding an additional ½ - 1 TBSP of maple syrup/honey. If you are choosing to use chocolate chips, I recommend the following: Enjoy Life, Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip, 10 oz OR SunSpire Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips, 9 Ounce Bag OR TO AVOID SUGAR OR FOR GAPS, I recommend: PASCHA Organic Dark Chocolate Baking Chips - 100% Cacao, Unsweetened - 8.75 ounces
- 1 cup zucchini - shredded then squeezed with a kitchen towel in order to remove the zucchini juice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Mix the cacao powder, almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt until smooth.
3. Add baking soda and ACV, mix.
4. Add shredded zucchini.
5. Scoop into greased loaf pan, bake for 35-50 minutes (for one large loaf pan) or 24-28 minutes (for 2 small loaf pans). It’s done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean!
6. Allow to cool for several minutes, then enjoy!
You could also make these as muffins! Bake for 12-16 minutes.