Newest Kitchen & REAL Food Discoveries Part 2 - May 2016
This past December, I shared my Newest Kitchen & REAL Food Discoveries with you, just in time for the holidays. Well it’s not the holidays, but in that blog I promised to regularly provide you with these resources. So, since December, I have been finding and personally testing out more and more food tools for your real food journey! Check out the new discoveries below…snacks, supplements, and even some personal care items.*
- Artisana Organics Raw Coconut Oil, 1.06 Ounce (Pack of 10). They’re pre-packaged in little convenient portions so you can throw them in your bag on your way out the door in the mornings. Or keep some handy at the office, or really anywhere you could use a quick boost of energy, nutrients, and tie yourself over between meals. Add to other meals/snacks or simply enjoy by itself, maybe with a little unrefined sea salt!
- Nuts are a great option for snacks! They’re a great fat source and these particular nuts I am particularly fond of because they are of great quality! I choose to soak and dehydrate them but if you aren’t ready to do that yet, raw is next best! Check these out:
- Terrasoul Superfoods Raw Organic Cashews (Whole), 2-pounds
- Sincerely Nuts Organic Raw Pecans 3LB
- Terrasoul Superfoods Raw Unpasteurized Organic Almonds (Sproutable), 2 lbs.
- New to a more ancestral way of eating? Sometimes lettuce “wraps” don’t do it for the most seasoned REAL food advocates. For times like this, I love these Julian Bakery Paleo Wraps Gluten Free Coconut Wraps, 7 Count. They’re Paleo-friendly, gluten-free and grain-free, made with coconut meat instead of the nasty white flour or corn usually found in other wraps.
- Sometimes we need a little extra vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium (anyone that lives nowadays needs extra magnesium)! I mention Magnesium because the body demands it for stress (WHO DOESN’T HAVE STRESS?!) and sugar handling. Plus, it’s great for relaxing and supporting sleep rhythms. Applied topically as a spray, this means it’s absorbed in the bloodstream faster than taking it orally. Check it out here: Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil Spray. (I also carry this for local purchases too.)
Reducing toxins in the home
Chlorine and chloramine in water is not friendly to the body! This is the shower filter that I currently use to eliminate these chemicals and prevent inhaling them and going into the skin while in the shower. Luxury Vita-Fresh Shower Filter with 5 Vitamin C Cartridge.
Ladies I’ve been talking up my Natural Feminine Menstrual Products for Down There for a reason. I am a huge fan of some of the products I mention in that blog. Here they are listed here:
- Sckoon Menstrual Cup for menstrual period (pre and post childbirth sizes)
- Diva Cup Menstrual Cup for menstrual period (pre-childbirth)
- Diva Cup Menstrual Cup for menstrual period (size 2)
- Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Organic Cotton Tampons - Regular -- 20 Tampons (can find other absorbencies too)
- Natracare 8002 Organic All Cotton Tampons With Applicator 16 Count (Pack of 3) (can find other absorbencies too)
- Seventh Generation Pads, Ultra-Thin, Regular, with Wings, 18 pads (Pack of 6) (can find other absorbencies/sizes too).
And guys I have something for you too! Well for both the ladies and gents!
- FAT FACE Skincare and Deodorants have awesome smelling and feeling skincare for both genders (mmmmm, Lavender Mint J).
- Similarly, you could also try Primal Life Organics Skincare and Deodorants. This company has non-toxic makeup too!
Hope you enjoyed this blog and I hope you pick up some of these wonderful healthy lifestyle products for yourself!
*This page contains affiliate links, which means Gina and Simplified Wellness for You may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links here. You will pay the same price for all products and services, but your purchase with these links helps support the ongoing research and work of Gina and Simplified Wellness for You. Thank you for your support!